This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Minor Ailment Service

The Minor Ailment Service is an NHS service for children, people aged 60 or over, people who hold a medical exemption certificate and people on certain benefits.

When you are registered for the Minor Ailment Service, your pharmacist can give you medicine for a minor illness or complaint, if they think you need it. You will not have to pay for this, if you are eligible.

You will be able to get advice and free treatment (if you need it) from your local pharmacist for minor illnesses and complaints, such as:-

acne                              headache                  athlete’s foot

head lice                       backache                  indigestion

cold sores                     mouth ulcers            constipation

nasal congestion          cough pain               diarrhoea

period pain                   earache                     thrush

eczema and allergies  sore throat               haemorrhoids (piles)

threadworms               hay fever                  warts and  verrucae


NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website